Working With Me
I’ve been working as a software engineer on various large scale software systems since 2009. I love working with diverse and interesting groups of people. I value solving complex problems simply. I believe strongly in the “engineering” of software engineering: good design processes, good transition and contingency planning, cost estimates in line with business goals.
I current work at Grafana, where we make an incredibly-widely used, open source data visualization and monitoring tool, as well as some of the world’s most capable observability databases. Grafana is hiring like crazy.
If it’s easier for you to consume this on LinkedIn, here you go.
My work history:
- 2022 - Present: Grafana
- Principal Software Engineer, Alerting
- 2016 - 2022: Lightstep (acquired by ServiceNow, 2021)
- Staff Software Engineer, Databases
- Engineering Manager
- Software Engineer
- 2014 - 2016: Twitter
- Senior Software Engineer, Android, backend
- 2013 - 2014: Namo Media (acquired by Twitter, 2014)
- Software Engineer, backend, iOS, Android
- 2011 - 2013: Google, Inc
- Software Engineer, full stack
- 2009 - 2011: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Computer Scientist